Projects are available in a wide range of fields, including
* Environmental Isotopes and Geochemistry
* Geodynamics and 3-D Modelling
* Experimental Tectonics/Analogue Modelling
* Biostratigraphy and Basin Studies
* Structural Geology and Tectonics
* Ore Deposit Geology
* Petrology and Geochemistry
* Physical Volcanology
More specific information on the research interests of academic staff may be found at: http://www.geosci.monash.edu.au/about/directory/index.html
The University has a comprehensive support network for the diverse needs of international students. Graduates of Monash University have a reputation as independent learners, innovators and leaders, and so are widely sought after by international employers. Further details regarding Monash University may be found at: www.monash.edu.au.
A range of stipend and tuition-fee scholarships is available for Australian, New Zealand and International Students. Details of the various scholarships may be found at: http://mrgs.monash.edu.au/scholarships/index.html. There is the potential for Scholarships to be taken up at any time during the year.
Successful applicants will typically hold an undergraduate degree based on at least 4 years of study, including a significant research project component, and have First Class Honours or MSc qualifications or their equivalent. Relevant additional research experience and/or research publications in international journals will provide strong support for scholarship applications. Applicants for whom English is not first language, or who have not undertaken their degree studies with English as the language of instruction, must attain a satisfactory English language test score (TOEFL or IELTS) before the allocation of scholarships in early December.
Please email your expression of interest along with academic transcripts and curriculum vitae to Mr. Robert Oakley (Robert.Oakley@sci.monash.edu.au), Student & Research Services Officer, at the School of Geosciences, Monash University Clayton campus, Victoria, Australia.
Please note expressions of interest without academic transcripts will not be considered.
Taken From: http://beasiswas123.com/phd-scholarship-in-geosciences-at-monash-university-australia.html Labels: Scholarships
The University of Padova, through the funding of the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo, offers research fellowships for foreign students to attend Doctoral Schools/Internation al Courses. During the 3-year doctoral programme, successful candidates will be offered full board and lodging.
Announcement of 15 PhD grants reserved to foreign students for the admission to the Doctoral Schools and to International Doctoral Courses (27th series) a.y. 2011/12
Deadline: 5 September 2011
http://www.unipd. it/unipdWAR/ page/unipd_ en/research_ en1/en_6_ 3_P2
University of Phoenix understands the importance of making higher education highly accessible for students of all ages and backgrounds. As the largest private university in North America, we take very seriously our social responsibility to our students and the communities we serve. University of Phoenix is particularly adept at aiding non-traditional students complete their education by designing programs around their busy lives.
Through this scholarship program, four (4) full-tuition scholarships will be offered. Each scholarship will allow a prospective student the opportunity to complete an undergraduate or master’s degree program at University of Phoenix. Recipients may choose to attend a University of Phoenix on-ground campus or may attend University of Phoenix online.
Applicants for the scholarship must demonstrate the following to be considered:
1. Applicants who reside in the United States must meet one of the following requirements: be a legal resident of the United States; have been granted permanent residency; have a valid visa that does not prohibit educational studies; have been granted temporary protected status along with approved Notice of Action issued by Citizen Immigration Services and verified through CIS Form g-845; or have been granted asylum along with the approved Notice of Action issued by the Citizen Immigration Services.
2. Applicants must be a MP Gold Star Family (spouse, child, parent, or sibling).
3. Applicants, once enrolled, must not receive a total of 100% tuition reimbursement from any source(s) including but not limited to: corporate reimbursement, other scholarships and/or private grants with the exception of Veteran’s Administration GI benefits or Veteran’s Administration Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits and Title IV financial aid funding.
4. Applicants must not be currently enrolled nor in the process of enrolling at any University of Phoenix campus or in any online program at any time prior to the scholarship award date. Applicants who enroll after submitting an application or before the scholarship award date are not eligible to be a recipient of this scholarship.
5. Applicants must meet all admissions requirements of the University of Phoenix.
6. Applicants must not be an employee or family member of an employee of Apollo Group, Inc., University of Phoenix, Western International University, Institute for Professional Development or any other subsidiary of Apollo Group, Inc.
7. Applicants must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documentation by the deadline date listed under the Selection Process section. The completion of the application form does not create an obligation to award a scholarship to applicant.
8. Applicants must submit completed essays as described in the Essay section. High importance will be placed on the applicant’s desire to advance in their education, with an emphasis on furthering their careers, and their impact in the community in which they reside.
1. This scholarship opportunity is in partnership with MPRA, a nonprofit organization, and the scholarship process is managed by a staff member at MPRA. The process includes, but is not limited to, application creation, scholarship promotion, selection committee formation and recipient list finalization. The application and any additional information submitted by eligible applicants will be subject to the MPRA privacy and confidentiality policies, if any.
2. The recipient of this scholarship will be selected by the scholarship selection committee consisting of representatives from University of Phoenix and/or MPRA of Commerce. Non-staff members may assist in the selection committee process.
3. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a complete and signed application along with all the supporting documentation, which must be received on or before the deadline specified below. The scholarship selection committee accepts no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission in exception to the above instructions.
4. The scholarship award will be based on the committee’s scores of the overall quality of the application and the scholarship essay(s). The higher the average score, the higher the probability of selection.
5. Scholarship selection shall be made without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
6. The decision of the scholarship selection committee is final and not subject to a review process.
Here more info : USA Undergraduate & Master Scholarships at University of Phoenix
Taken From: http://beasiswas123.com/usa-undergraduate-master-scholarships-at-university-of-phoenix.html Labels: Scholarships
College Scholarships Level:
Scholarship Provider: New Zealand Government’s Official Development Assistance (ODA), The New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT)
Scholarship can be taken at: New Zealand
Subject : Development in human resource development (HRD)
New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) provide the opportunity for individuals from targeted developing countries to undertake studies at tertiary education institutions in New Zealand. The purpose of the scholarships is for candidates to gain knowledge and skills in specific subject areas that will assist in the development of their home country by contributing to identified human resource development (HRD) training needs. Awardees are required to return to their home country for at least two years after the completion of their scholarship to apply these new skills and knowledge in government, civil society or private business organisations.
The New Zealand Development Scholarships scheme is funded by the New Zealand Government’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) programme. The New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT), delivers the scheme through the New Zealand Aid Programme.
General eligibility criteria
Applicants must meet the following New Zealand Development Scholarship eligibility criteria before their application will be considered against the selection criteria, including any region-specific criteria.
To be eligible to be considered for a New Zealand Development Scholarship, applicants must:
* be a citizen of a New Zealand Development Scholarship participating country ( permanent residents are not eligible to apply)
* be residing in their country of citizenship, preferably for at least two years prior to application
* not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand or Australia or another developed country*
* not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds, or who is eligible to hold, citizenship or permanent residence of New Zealand, Australia or another developed country
* be aged 17 or over before the scholarship start date
* be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for one already commenced in New Zealand or another country†
* not have completed, or nearly completed, a qualification at a similar level (i.e. applicants must apply for a higher level qualification than any previously attained), unless strong developmental relevance is demonstrated
* satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand education institution at which the qualification is to be undertaken, including English language criteria
* have been working in their home country, preferably for at least two years prior to application, including since completing their highest tertiary qualification gained to date
* be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the public or private or community sector (as relevant) of their home country, and to their country’s development in general
* be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered.
Here more info : New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) 2012 2013Labels: Scholarships
Time passes so quickly without asking anything...
What I have done in this short life?
And how much time do I have left? Labels: A.K.U
4th-29th July 2011
(3 weeks classes and 1 week group assignments)
Faculty of Public Health,
Universitas Indonesia (UI),
Depok, West Java
The 2nd Disability and Development (D&D) course focuses on specific issues related to disability and rehabilitation in the context of development. The course will provide the student with skills in the field of project planning and management using a logical framework method. It offers the student opportunities to go through and practice the entire process of project management through experiential learning. Another major subject will be monitoring and evaluation methods, currently used in the field of CBR
programmes. The importance and use of Management Information Systems (MIS) will be discussed in some detail, since this is a cornerstone of good monitoring and
evaluation. Students will practice setting up a simple MIS themselves.
The Summer School on Disability and Development (D&D) is both a standalone course and the 2nd module in a series on Disability and Development. The Summer
School is a collaborative undertaking between Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia, the Centre for Disability Studies FISIP-UI and the VU University Amsterdam.
Fluency in spoken and written in English is required, since course will be taught in English.
International students : €1,800
Indonesian students : Rp 3,000,000,-
Meals (3 times a day):
€6 or Rp. 60.000,- per day on campus
Off campus: €150 per month
On campus: €10-30 perday (Makara Hotel or Pusat Studi Jepang)
Faculty of Public Health
DR. Rita Damayanti
Meliana Sari, SKM
More info here : International Summer School Course 2011 2012, Universitas Indonesia
In order to develop science and technology by promoting young student researchers and their researches, we are inviting you to submit your short research paper.
Call for Papers: Poster — Proposal
Clusters: 1. Business, Social Science and Urban Planning
2. Electronic-Electrical and Information Technology
3. Applied Science and Technology
Submission: July 1st – September 14th, 2011 23:59 JST (21:59 WIB)
via: email attachment to email@example.com
Please submit file both in PDF and Word format with the following file naming convention:
[No. of Cluster]-[Title of Your Paper].pdf
[No. of Cluster]-[Title of Your Paper].doc
Title: No Free Lunch Theorem in Search and Optimization
Cluster: Electronic-Electrical and Information Technology
Then, please name the files as follows before submit them via email attachments:
2-No Free Lunch Theorem in Search and Optimization.pdf
2-No Free Lunch Theorem in Search and Optimization.doc
Result: October 24th, 2011 via: commitment.ppitokodai.org
Awards: For each cluster, the following awards will be given respectively:
1st Prize: Certificate and prize of Rp 5.000.000 … 1 entrant
2nd Prize: Certificate and prize of Rp 2.000.000 … 1 entrant
3rd Prize: Certificate and prize of Rp 1.000.000 … 1 entrant
Conditions: 1. Undergraduate student from university in Indonesia or 2011 graduate from university in Indonesia
2. The copyright of the paper belongs to PPI Tokodai
Please feel free to browse through this website and contact us if there is any inquiry.
Sincerely, TICA Committee.
More info Beasiswa karya Ilmiah, Tokyo Tech Indonesian Commitment Award go hereLabels: Scholarships
The competition for these prestigious research studentships is now open to students who wish to study for a full-time PhD at Kingston University.
Available subject areas
How to apply
Closing date and interviews
Available subject areas
We are looking for students with expertise that matches our areas of research excellence. Applications are invited from qualified individuals in the following areas:
Art, Design and Architecture
Contemporary fine art practice
Urban spaces and the interior
Sustainable property investment
Find out more about research in the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture.
Arts and Social Sciences
Modern European philosophy
Culture, media and unconscious
Early modern literature and culture
Find out more about research in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
Business and Law
Small business and entrepreneurship
Human resource management
Criminal justice and youth justice
Environmental law and sustainability
Find out more about research in the Business School and Law School.
Health and Social Care Sciences
Long term conditions
Health exercise and rehabilitation
Find out more about research in the Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences.
Science, Engineering and Computing
Biotechnology, diagnostics and therapeutics
Modelling complex physical systems
Environment and geological sciences
Materials and nanotechnology
Wireless communications and applications
Complex physical systems – dynamicsComputer vision and image processingFind out more about research in Science; Computing, Information Systems and Mathematics; and Engineering.
Three different types of studentship are available:
Stipend plus fees (full-time tuition fees at Home/EU level and a stipend at UK Research Council rates (£15,590pa) for a period of up to three years).
Fees only (full-time tuition fees at Home/EU level for a period of up to three years)
Part funded (full-time tuition fees Home/EU level plus a contribution towards a stipend for a period of up to three years)
Applicants should hold a minimum of UK honours degree at 2:1 level or equivalent, though preference will be given to applicants who hold a masters degree.
Only full-time candidates will be considered due to funding constraints.
Applicants must meet the entry criteria for research degrees at Kingston University. More information is available on the research degrees webpage.
How to apply
Read the Studentships Guidelines (PDF).
Initial enquiries may be made by email to the Graduate Research School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include:
a Studentship Application Form (PDF) – form available soon;
a Reference Form (PDF) with two references – form available soon;
a project proposal of 500–1,000 words.
Applications and references should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to:
Graduate Research School
River House, 53–57 High Street
Kingston upon Thames
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants sending their documents by post are advised to use registered post to ensure delivery by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
Closing date and interviews
The closing date for receipt of fully completed applications is 12.00noon on Monday 20 June 2011.
Interviews will be held between 1 and 15 July 2011.
Need more information? Please read our frequently asked questions (PDF).
Find out more about research degree programmes at Kingston University.
University of Aberdeen, the third oldest in Scotland and five in the UK, currently at the forefront of teaching, learning and discovery, as it has for 500 years. As the ‘global university north, we consistently deliver a pioneer and ideas out to every part of the world. We are a university, an ambitious research-driven with a global outlook, committed to excellence in everything we do.
We are an international university that was built to serve one of the most dynamic regions in Europe. With more than 14,000 students, and more than 3000 staff, we are at the forefront of teaching and research in the humanities and sciences.
School of Geosciences, covering disciplines Archaeology, Geography & Environment Geology & Petroleum Geology and Spatial Planning & Rural Surveying, located just one mile from downtown on the campus of King’s College in beautiful and historic Old Aberdeen. The campus is easy to reach a variety of mountain, lowland and coastal environment, which offers a contrast between the cosmopolitan environment of oil capital of Europe and rural areas with traditional lifestyles.
We have a strong reputation in the field of postgraduate studies research, founded on strong academic disciplines, each of which has a research student in their hearts. Discipline at the University has forged strong research relationships that allow students to work in a number of research themes which include areas of discipline, as well as utilize and close working links with the study of high-profile research institutions such as the Aberdeen-based Macaulay Institute (UK main land use research center) .
Research activities are truly international, with a number of international staff of internationally renowned and active, and an increasing number of formal international research collaboration.
You will enter the research environment that supports and dynamic with the support of a specific discipline and academic guidance given by supervisors and research groups, graduate student who is an integral part.
Application and Info Geosciences Postgraduate Study Opportunities at University of Aberdeen, click here : http://www.abdn.ac.uk/cops/graduate/ext/earthworksLabels: Scholarships